The Duplo Horseshoe can be nailed on with the same nails as a conventional horseshoe; the only important aspect is that the nail head cannot slip through the nail hole of the horseshoe. Apart from that, the usual questions should be considered: How thick is the hoof wall? How intensely is the connection between hoof and horseshoe strained? How is the horse used?
Anyway: Most farriers have their "favorite nails". Some brands are available in our online shop - maybe yours as well?
E Nails and VF-F Nails
- frequently used nail version for many hooves and many situations
- very well suited for Duplo Horseshoes
E-Slim Nails (ESL) and VFPro Nails
- slimmer blade than E and VF-F nails
- lower risk of creating fissures (thanks to the slimmer blade, less horn is displaced; that's why the probability of chips and cracks in the hoof wall around the nail canal is reduced)
- more difficult to use because they deform easily
- antibacterial effect
|Size of the Duplo Horseshoe||ESL Nails||E Nails||VF-F Nails||VFPro Nails|
|98-102mm||ESL 2||E 2||—||—|
|102-118mm||ESL 2||E 3||—||VFPro 3|
|114-130mm||ESL 3||E 4||VF-F 4||VFPro 4|
|126-138mm||ESL 4||E 4.5||VF-F 4||VFPro 4|
|134-146mm||ESL 4.5||E 5||VF-F 5||VFPro 5|
|142-154mm||ESL 5||E 6||VF-F 5||VFPro 5.5|
|150-162mm||ESL 6||E 7||VF-F 6||VFPro 6|
|162-170mm||ESL 7||E 8||—||—|
Please note: This size table only offers rough orientation. Depending on the hoof and the situation, another combination may be more suitable. The final decision is at the local farrier's discretion.
You haven't found the tool you were looking for? Here's the complete outline of shoeing products in our online shop: