Revision of Older Duplo Models
During the past ten years, the Duplo Composite Horseshoe has proven its advantages in various applications and has provided numerous horses with a comfortable walking experience. Of course, we are delighted about that, but we don't want to rest on our laurels. We have learned a lot since our earliest days - thanks to both the permanent use of Duplo Horseshoes for our own horses and the constant contact with horse owners and farriers. At the same time, our production techniques have considerably advanced and many ideas which would have been unimaginable a decade ago can now be implemented without any problems.
For these reasons, we are going to revise the older Duplo models in the medium term and we are trying to make our (already high-quality) horseshoes even better. We are looking forward to your feedback - and your horse's!
Advantages of the Revised Models
The revised models offer some special features in comparison to our current horseshoes.
Better Stability in the Toe Area
The metal inlay is reinforced around the toe area. This creates additional stability and extends the durability of the horseshoe.
Revised Number and Position of the Nail Holes
The nail holes are positioned at 90 degrees to the white line so you can still place each nail individually and react to irregular hoof shapes. The revised models only have three nail holes per side - according to our experience, this number is sufficient for the thorough fixation of the horseshoe even in case of very large hoofs.
Improved Abrasion Resistance in the Quarter Area
If an additional nail hole is necessary, you can drill it yourself. Thanks to the optional fourth nail hole, the abrasion resistance in the quarter area improves; this contributes to the durability of the horseshoe.
The prefabricated toe rocker facilitates breakover without you having to rasp or bend the horseshoe before its use.
Every edge of the revised models - especially in the heel area - is thoroughly chamfered so that another step of procedure during the preparation of the horseshoe is eliminated.
Anatomical Sole Relief
A small bevel on the hoof side of the horseshoe protects sensitive soles from undesirable pressure.
Two Knob Arrays for Every Horseshoe
Our first models were equipped with four knob arrays. However, experience has shown that two knob arrays are thoroughly enough to protect the horseshoe from displacing.
Synthetic Rim for Every Horseshoe
Thanks to new machines and better techniques, we are now able to attach an elastic synthetic rim not only to Standard horseshoes, but also to the slightly harder Extra horseshoes.
The revised models with profound profile can be considerably shortened in the heel area without losing the profile.
Integrated Grid Sole
Instead of a completely closed sole, we use an integrated synthetic grid for our revised models which has the same effect but reduces the weight of the horseshoe. If necessary, spare padding material can exit through the holes and won't exert undesirable pressure on the sole.
Revised Models and Sizes
- Standard - round - 130-134 mm
- Standard - oval - 130 mm
- Standard Clipped - round - 130-134 mm
- Standard Clipped - oval - 130-134 mm
- Standard Clipped and Threaded - oval - 130 mm
- Standard Clipped and Profiled - oval - 130 mm
- Standard Clipped with Grid Sole - round - 130 mm
- Standard Clipped and Threaded with Grid Sole - round - 134 mm
- Standard Clipped with Ring-Shaped Metal Inlay - oval - 130 mm
- Standard Jumper - oval - 130 mm
- Extra - round - 130-134 mm
- Extra - oval - 130 mm
- Extra Clipped - round - 130-134 mm
- Extra Clipped - oval - 130 mm
- Extra Clipped and Threaded - round - 134 mm
- Extra Clipped and Threaded - oval - 130 mm
- Extra Clipped and Profiled - round - 130 mm
- Extra Clipped and Profiled - oval - 130 mm
- Extra Clipped with Grid Sole - round - 130 mm
- Extra Clipped with Ring-Shaped Metal Inlay - round - 130 mm
- Extra Clipped with Ring-Shaped Metal Inlay - oval - 130 mm